IUB accepts students in three regular semesters: Spring, Summer & Autumn. Students intending to enter IUB are required to appear for a qualifying exam. Tentative application deadlines are:
- Spring (Jan-April): End of December
- Summer (May-Aug): End of April
- Autumn (Sep-Dec): End of August
The students need to appear for a written Admission Test where their basic skills in Mathematics and English will be evaluated. In addition, students who wish to major in Biochemistry or Microbiology will need to take an extra 30-minute entrance examination in Biology.
DLS Offers the Following Degrees:
- B.Sc. in Biochemistry
- B.Sc. in Microbiology
- Combined GPA of 7.0 in S.S.C and H.S.C with minimum 3.5 in each
- O’Level in minimum 5 subjects with a GPA 2.50 and A’Level in 2 subjects with a minimum GPA 2.00
- International Baccalaureate or U. S. High School Diploma
- Other 12 year equivalent degrees must have the equal schema from the education board
- Students applying for Microbiology and Biochemistry must have Biology in their SSC or O-Level with at least B grade.
IUB offers a wide range of scholarships and financial aid to its students starting from the first semester:
- Full Tuition Waivers may be granted to students in the first semester if they have secured a GPA of 5.0 (without 4th subject) on a scale of 5.0 in both SSC & HSC exams or to students with 3 A’s in their A Levels and 7 A’s in their O Levels.
- Discount Tuition Waivers may be granted to students based on their academic performance at IUB and financial need after they have completed 3 semesters at IUB.
- A 50% Financial Discount is available for siblings and spouses.
- On-Campus Employment as a Student On Duty (SOD) may be granted to eligible students.
Tuition Fees And Other Charges
|Application Fee||Tk, 1,000|
|Admissions Fee||Tk. 25,000 (once)|
|Library, Laboratory & Student Activities Fee||Tk. 6,000 (per semester for Existing Students)
Tk. 7,000 (per semester for Autumn’17 students and onwards)
|Tuition for Regular Students||Tk. 6,000 (per credit)|
|Fees for LFE 201 (for live-in-field experience)||Tk. 25,000 (once)|
*All new female students will get 10% discount on Tuition Fees per credit hour for both undergraduate and graduate program.
Admission Requirements of Master’s in Biotechnology & Bioinformatics
Admission Requirements: All students must fulfill the following criteria
Must have attained an undergraduate degree in the Life Sciences, Engineering, Pharmacy, or other relevant subject (biology, biochemistry, microbiology, biotechnology, botany, zoology, fisheries, agriculture, environmental science, biomedical technology, pathology, only) OR a degree from a Bachelors of Medicine and Surgery (MBBS) program OR a degree from a Doctor of Medicine (MD) program.
Must have attained a minimum CGPA of 3.0 on a 4-point scale.
Tuition Fees And Other Charges
Application Form Tk. 1000
Admission fee Tk. 20,000
Activity Fee Tk. 7,000 (Once during admission)
Tuition Fees @ Credit Tk. 4,500 (Per Credit)
*All female students will get 10% discount on Tuition Fees per credit hour for graduate program.
* IUB Graduates will get 15% discount on Tuition Fees per credit hour for graduate program.
* Others Scholarship as per Graduate Scholarship, Financial Aid and Tuition Fee Discount Policy
Change of the Policy
The University reserves the right to revise the policy, information, requirements, regulations, or conditions for financial aid at any time. Whenever, changes occur, an effort will be made to notify the same to all concerned.